Racing is back for 2021. There may be a few changes due to COVID regulations but all your favourites will be back trackside. Fashions on the Field, Presidents Shout, 6 races, TAB, live entertainment and more!
DATE — 4 May 2019 TROPHIES — $50,000 in prizemoney and trophies for the horses over $5 000 in Fashions on the Field EVENT — Friday preceding Cup An entertaining prelude to the next-day’s events is a Cup Calcutta. An auction of each horse is conducted at a Quilpie hotel/club to the attendees at the Calcutta, who have the opportunity to bid for horses. Saturday Race Day The day attracts horses, trainers and jockeys from the country racing circuit and hundreds of spectators from a wide region. The day’s activities are:
- President’s Shout welcomes all race patrons with complimentary drinks and canapés
- Six-race program – feature race the Quilpie Cup, each race called and keenly followed by betters and spectators
- Fashions on the Field – major millinery prize is the Jewel of the West. This is a statement piece of jewellery displaying the boulder opal local to Quilpie and coveted on the FOTF circuit. The bespoke jewellery is designed and created by master jeweller Alan Thomson and highlights gems of the Outback (Quilpie boulder opal, Argyle diamonds, Queensland sapphires and Broome pearls.)
- An open bar and catering; music and lively conversation
- The day concludes with on course dinner and with live music.
- Race Day Book lists all details of the day’s racing; sponsors and highlights to watch.